Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is SSH into BCM450 / 6.0 1220 IP phones possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2009
US
I recall reading something about being able to ssh into a VoIP phone. I've got some 1120 IP phones in a remote location and want to inspect their configuration. They work fine and I can ping them. When I ssh (putty) into one of them, I get a "login-as:" prompt. What login do I use? Any help would be appreciated. I tried the telset user ID and password without luck?

Thanks in advance,
VOJ

I believe SSH has to be enabled on the telephone itself or via a provisioning file that the phone downloads on bootup. If memory serves me correctly you set the user ID and password on the phone or in the config file.

I'll play around with a local 1220 IP phone that I can put my hands on, rather than start experimenting with a remote phone. I'm not sure what the provisioning file should look like. The 1220 phone on my desk is running firmware 062AC7M.

VOJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back