Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Sony SDT9000 compatible with Veritas Back Exec??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedrovasc

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
BR
I'm trying to perform some backups with my Sony tape dat, but until now I couldn't get a happy end (smiles)

Please somebody help me

try backing up with ntbackup and with anthour backup utility
like backup exec
if it is the same try another cassate, erase it before startting backup

I have been seeing lately many a (SCSI) sdt 9000 NOT running dependably with Veratas (8.0, 8.1). Trying new or other known good SONY drives changes things for a while but automated backups still start to fail. It seems only SONY 9000's are involved and SONY will only refurb the original drive when we feel they may need replacement. These controllers typically only have 2 HD's on them with the 9000 being ID 3. We have changed controllers and the same results come back to haunt us. ?????

Why is there never a phone in the phone closet?

I have the Sony 700c,on it's own scsi adpter, and until I got the the Windows driver to take ( download from Sony), took about 4 driver installs, the unit was was unreliable in windows and veritas.

Sony offers the drivers for the use with the operating systems native back up only. The only time you would use the Sony drivers is if you are using the Windows BackUp.

Here is the webpage to obtain the drivers:

For all other back up you would use the software or operating system provided drivers. For example, if you are using Veritas software you will need to use their drivers. As far as SCSI Controllers, the Adaptec 29160 or 39160 are recommended because they are supported on server environments and are VERY good controllers!

"Astra non mentiuntur"

Hello People!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I posted this message in Agust 1st, 2003,

I couln't make any backups with the Veritas, only error messages, and I lost my job. My ex-boss, asked me for an answer to this question, and I had not any to give him, so he dimissed me.
Now, I 'm looking for another job, I hope to find soon!!!,and it is very difficult to find a new one in Brazil today.
But I appreciate yours answer, and I would like to thank everybody who tried to help me.

Hugs
Pedro Vasconcellos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back