Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is release 11 the end of the line with Avaya IP Office? 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

btianinidaho

Vendor
Jan 13, 2015
US
Hello. Havent posted here much. Went to the Partners trade show in Vegas last month and everything, including Avaya, was cloud, cloud, cloud.
Avaya there couldn't tell me so I am wondering what everyone's thougths are here on this topic-
Is there going to be a release 12 or higher for the IPO and if so when?
Thoughts?

Has anyone else heard anything on R11.2 and if it will actually be released?

A partner I'm working with is saying that whilst it's not official yet, an announcement will be made at some point this year that IPO is end-of-sale.

I'm looking to the future and trying to figure out it if it's worth buying IPO Server (moving from a bunch of IP 500v2 and which would also require new IP phones anyway) or go to something else entirely different (not ACO).

Unsure if it's going anyway anytime in the immidiate future since the V2A is not long out

Calum M
ACSS

Avaya is making the IP500 a gateway for ACO, not sure in what capacity, but will be finding out in a few weeks.

@johnhyde that would be good to hang it off of ACO to at least reuse some of their current investment. With that being said, does that mean you can register the 96xx and use to to ACO (I assume the answer would be yes with the gateway if you are able to reuse digital as well?).

9600 is not supported with ACO (Only J-series for avaya specific) so it would be a positive since there are so many 96xx out there.

@AvayaRed you could. I do have an IPO registered to ACO as we speak, though it is not supported yet. You would create a SIP trunk that registers to a user on ACO. Then route the 9608's traffic to go out the ACO SIP trunk. And for ACO calls coming into IPO you would just create an incoming call route with the SIP trunks incoming Group ID and point the destination to the user you would want to ring.

IP Office is not going anywhere.

The licence model will likely change to subscription, but IP Office install base is too large to simply abandon.

The licence model will likely change to subscription" - It already has, but sadly only for those countries where ACO isn't an option.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I think the first stage the IP500 gateway for ACO will be for analog devices and not the 96XX/160XX

Huge amount of 96XX/16XX/14XX handsets in the market. A lot of people will be annoyed their investment was a waste…

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Has anyone else heard anything recently on what their future plans might look like?

Seems roadmap is highly focused on cloud, service based telephony and ACO, IPO is not so highlighted but still present with improvement steps in first half 2023 and second half 2023, don't know exactly what are based on.

Seems roadmap ..." - What roadmap?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I'm sure you all noticed that Kieran McGrath "retired" as Avaya's CFO on November 9th. He is replaced by interim CFO Rebecca Roof, managing director from AlixPartners LLP. AlixPartners are financial fixer-uppers that specialize in turnarounds. I've seen this move and it sometimes works.

Sometimes it doesn't. I worked for a startup that built carrier-class ATM backbone switches that went public and then floundered a bit. Investors insisted on hiring turnaround consultants and the leadership was systematically replaced. I made it through seven rounds of layoffs and was one of the remaining 13 persons in the company when the whole thing was sold for its intellectual property.

The same turnaround group that touched my company was able to save Ford Motor but had to let LucasFilm's THX die. I can't call it with Avaya because I'm not inside. But from out here, the flags are as red as their logo.

It may be nothing. I'm just a fearful salty phone guy and armchair investor.

Tim Alberstein

Everything on this roadmap points to Cloud and contact center in the cloud. Anyone have experience with Avaya's public cloud CCaaS solution? How is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back