Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Paradox 5.0 case sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyu

Programmer
Nov 21, 2000
CA
Is Paradox 5.0 case sensitive when writing code?

I think you may be wrong here: I have found that it is:

I was making some changes to some code within a form that contained a tableframe. When adding some new fields to this tableframe, the tableframe header got renamed automatically to the default name... Thinking that I should rename this back to what it was originally, I did so, but I named it with a capital.
<<*TSK TSK* Bad move troyu.>>
Even though the code appeared to be calling this tableframe by name, it was actually calling it with a lower case and not uppercase header.... I renamed this tableframe with lowercase, and it is now working fine....

If you are doing a search or a sort and have case sensitive checked then it is case sensitive. Otherwise it is not case sensitive.

troyu,

Some operations are case-sensitive; others aren't. Searching for values is almost always case sensitive, but object names should not be.

I suggest using table aliases in your data model to prevent your data containers from being renamed. to do this, right click the icon in the data model designer, choose the first item in the menu and then enter a name for the object in question.

This will make your forms and reports more portable.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back