Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Null - Field Color Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quan9r

Technical User
May 18, 2000
US
I'm trying to change the color of my field if the field is empty - I have tried the statement below with both the IsNull and IsEmpty - but it still won't work - I know it is pretty simple but I'm missing a step

Private Sub Form_Current()
If (Me!Followup7) Is Null Then
Me!Followup7.ForeColor = 0
Me!Followup7.BackColor = 255
Else
Me!Followup7.ForeColor = 0
Me!Followup7.BackColor = 6723891
End If
End Sub

Any help would be appeciated

is null is a function so need to pass it. redo the line to read this

If IsNull(Me!Followup7) Then

I have a similiar situation but the form is in Datasheet view and list records of Parts inventory. I would each record instead of whole fields background to be different if the Part records Due Date is past due.

Example: " I just don't know the code for this"
If me!duedate < Date then
<BACKGROUND CHANGE LISTED ABOVE>

Q-What would be the code for this? ANY HELPS?

Hmmm, I could be wrong but I don't believe you change attributes such as color, visibility and other gui&quot;y&quot; stuff in datasheet view.

If this is something you really want, I would suggest designing a form that looks like a datasheet. (Text boxes reallllly close together) Maq B-)
<insert witty signature here>

Take a look at thread181-91492 'Problem concerning continuous forms' in Access general discussion Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back