Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IS not using available memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblade92

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2003
CA
I have a VERY unusual issue that has only become apparent in the last few weeks.

Running a 2 node Exchange Enterprise 5.5 SP4 (latest Rollup) SCSI cluster under Win2k SP4 (Member servers), the Exchange Store.exe is only using 80MB of memory (both physical and virtual). Naturally performance to end-users and the backups has been horrible since this began.

Each node has 1.2GB RAM, with 600MB available. It does not seem to matter which node it is running on, the symptoms are the same.

Other software on the boxes is:

Veritas 9.1 SP2
McAfee VirusScan 7.1
McAfee GroupShield 5.0 SP2

Any suggestions would be appreciated, we will be migrating to an Exchange 2003 cluster in the next few months, but have several hundred annoyed users in the interim.

Thanks.

Did someone limit the memory when running the Optimizer?

Its been tried with no limits (original), and last week I ran it on both nodes again and set it for a 1024MB limit to try and kick it into gear.

In addition, I've checked the MSDE SQL config for Veritas and confirmed that it is not set to reserve excessive amounts of memory (I've currently limited it to 128MB to see if it makes a difference).

No change in either case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back