Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is not a member of 'TForm1' ....why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLider3

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
PT
I have one project with some source files. I have the main source file (main.cpp) and it header file (main.h) where are declared all the objects on the form. In one of the oters source files (other.cpp) i needed to use some objects in the form, so i had the line #include "main.h" to 'other.cpp' to be able to use them. And it worked fine.

Then i sent this project to a friend and he cant compile it.
ghe gets erros like:
[C++ Error] other.cpp(268): E2316 'check_box1' is not a member of 'TForm1'
[C++ Error] other.cpp(268): E2316 'check_box2' is not a member of 'TForm1'

Why does the project compile in my computer and not in his?
Please help...it's very importante. Thanks in advance.

dear Slider3,

are You sure that You sent YOur friend the file "other.cpp"?

and is he sure, that he loaded Your project?

when bcb starts up, it has a project with tform1 as default opened, which of course not has your checkboxes...

rename Your project and let him opne this one.
let him in the options of this opened project chek for the path settings, which would differ o his machine, when he installed bcb somewhere else than You.

try this and get back.

Michael

Yes, I?m sure i send the file 'other.cpp' and I'm sure he loaded my project. That's why I don't understande what's wrong :s
Does anyone have any idea?

I guessing so take this for what it's worth. Did he include the correct header files? In BCB select Filer->Include Header.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back