Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is my trigger causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm75m

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
US
Let me just start off by saying I'm fairly new to SQL Server. I have a SQL2000 database that I'm developing (with an Access 2000 front end), and I'm continuously getting errors saying that "the data has been updated by another user" when working in Access and editing the data. This is still in development, so there are no other users. Also, if I try to work directly with the table data through Enterprise Manager, I also get an error saying, "Data has changed since the results pane was last updated." I have this same trigger defined on every table, and I think this may be what is giving me trouble:

CREATE TRIGGER TR_FeeMaster_Update
ON dbo.FeeMaster
FOR UPDATE
AS
set nocount on
UPDATE FeeMaster
SET ModUsr = SUSER_SNAME(), ModDate = GETDATE()

Any help would be much appreciated... TIA!!

You might see if you are allowing recursive triggers. At any rate, rather than use triggers, why not just default those fields using the same functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back