Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Multi user Resolution Conflict possible w/Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadsbywc

Programmer
Sep 4, 2002
US
Does any one know if MS Access can handle "Resolution Conflict" with multiple users? I'm thinking of using MS Access to support multiple users from 16 different locations. But I plan to put the database on each of the individual PCs, while the tables (data source)are on a server and the link is through a ODBC Link. I just want to know if this is possible or am I going the wrong way? Thanks in advance,
Bill

Since Ms. A. can actually use several differnt "back end" database engines, the question is really more orientated towards the db engine than Ms. A.

For the "Jet" engine (Ms. A.'s "bundled" db engine), in particular, thg different releases and versions have different locking mechanisims.

So you need to know what your are REALLY using, both what db enging the "back End" host the data and whuch version / release of that engine you will be using.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Thanks Michael, So I guess it wouldn't be possible to use several different versions of Ms. A across the 16 locations, right?
Thanks again for the response.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back