Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Mas90 Compatible with............

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickth

Technical User
Jun 5, 2004
US
I'm wondering if anyone here knows what systems Mas90 is compatible with? Our current system is a Novell 3.2 server, with Win98 workstations. Our version of Mas90 is 3.71. (yes, I know, please don't flame me. It is an older system, but everything works). So we need to upgrade (well, I should say we are forced to upgrade by Best) to version 4.05. We are using a new consultant, and he is saying Mas90 4.05 won't work on Novell 3.2. Is this correct?

-Mick-

MAS 90 4.0 and later are not Novell compatible. Why don't you stay with 3.71? It's still supported.

Thanks for the answer. I guess our concern would be things like tax table updates. Are those things that could always be updated manually?

-Mick-

As long as the version is still supported, there will be tax updates available.

Our var told us the tax tables are available for download at the BOSS site for both versions 3.71 and 4.0 .

I am not authorized to have a login so I can't check the site out.

You should also be able to key table information in manually.

I am not in a decision capacity on this stuff so I don't know the trade offs-if I was I think I would look at upgrade benefits and costs and also investigate the cost of pulling payroll information from the system at year end to feed into a w2 service. I don't like the concept of having to spend a lot of "system" money to support a software upgrade with unneeded features except w2 formatting.

-------------------------------------
It's 10 O'Clock ( somewhere! ).
Are your registry and data backed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back