Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is MAC OS capable of opening OFFLINE HTML files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcruise3230

Technical User
May 3, 2005
US
Before I purchase a MAC OS (with no windows OS) I would like to know Can a Mac open an HTML files on any browser just like in windows? Example: an ebook that is downloaded toyour computer and is in html format that you need to open with any browser withouthaving to connect to the internet. Please let me know!

hi tomcruise3230
Yes Safari, FireFox and Netscape for OS X among other browsers will open html documents saved or created on your hd as html.
Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

As Imacquarker said, it's no problem using Safari, firefox, etc.

Additionally, OSX has pdf export built in so, if you want, you can "print" pdfs of web pages. WE have to do this on a regular basis, to send the pdfs of the various web pages to clients.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Okay thanks for all the information that clears everything. Anyway, I also forgot to ask Is the Mac OS also able to open zipped file (that was zipped with winzip or winrar) thatswas zipped in a windows OS and with winzip or winrar?

Hi: tomcruise3230
I think Stuffit Expander which is free should open those files, if not I'm sure there are other programs available that will do the job.
Hope this helps.
IMacQuarker

Mac OSX opens ZIP archives natively, just like Windows XP.

Macs can do pretty much anything a Windows computer can do with the exception of 2 things:

1) write to NTFS formatted drives.

2) run software specifically written for Windows (AutoCAD, Microsoft Publisher, etc).

I'm curious. Why do you want a Mac without knowing what it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back