Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it stuck "reconstructing" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenriz

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
I am testing different scenerios on an A1000. I have two LUNS and two hot spares set up on an A1000. I pulled out one drive from lun 1. Sure enough the system rebuilt itself using a hot spare. I then pulled a drive from lun 2 and again, the second hot spare kicked in. Now I wanted to replace a pulled drive to see what happens. Well the orange light goes out like everything is ok again. One of the luns shows reconstructing and both hot spares show still in use. What am I supposed to expect here? I was guessing the hot spares would go back into standby mode and the reconstructing would go away. Both luns still show optimal but I don't know what drives they are using.
What do you think?

If you are using the Rais Manager Software try :
/etc/raid/bin/drivutil -i <raid name>

This should give the status of all the drives.

yes this worked. Well I left of over the weekend and it actually must just take some time to clear. But when I came in this morning everything was as it should be in both the graphical utility as well as drivutil. Everything is optimal and there are two hot spares ready and waiting. I must just be impatient!! Thanks for the help!
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back