Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is It Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olddogg1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2005
CA
I'm trying to create conditional formatting in a query...

In my particular business we have policies. Some of the policies get cancelled or they lapse. I would like to be able to still have the lapsed policies show up in the query results. Is there anyway to list the lapsed policies with the active policies except with grey backgrounds in the fields of the record??

(Like a form in table view)

Thanks for your Help Guys.
This place is awesome.

As far as I know conditional formatting is only available in forms.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I am pretty sure PHV is right that conditional formatting is only available in forms. But you might be able to make it work by binding your query to a form. Then put text boxes or some other control bound to your field on the form and set conditinal formatting on the controls. Then open your form in datasheet view and the conditional formatting should work. The only thing is you would have to set the formatting on every field for the entire record to display with a grey background which isnt too bad if there are not too many fields.

Good luck

~Tatum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back