Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladin256

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
create a script that I could apply to users logging in that would removed stored network passwords. Is this possible?

Thanks

Typically they are used to access mapped drives and shared folders. They can be accessed at Start>Settings>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change Account>{Select User}>Manage My Network Passwords. The problem is if your on a Domain with password policy enabled requiring the user to change their password every x number of days (usually 60) you will get errors logged on the dc because of the stored passwords that are no longer valid. I am trying to find a way to automate the clearing of these passwords and was hoping it might be able to be done through vbscript.

Thank You

can you find a command line tool to do it?

there is some funny namspace invokeverb stuff which i have seen used to do stuff in control panel (the below arent very good examples, i cant find the one i was looking for, the code isnt mine)

Sub Eject(CDROM)
Dim ssfDrives
ssfDrives = 17
CreateObject("Shell.Application")_
.Namespace(ssfDrives).ParseName(CDROM).InvokeVerb("E&ject")
End Sub

Const NETWORK_CONNECTIONS = &H31&

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(NETWORK_CONNECTIONS)

Set colItems = objFolder.Items
For Each objItem in colItems
If objItem.Name = "Local Area Connection 2" Then
objItem.Name = "Home Office Connection"
End If
Next

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.NameSpace("c:\temp")
Set objFile = objFolder.ParseName("test.txt")
objFile.InvokeVerb("Print")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back