Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to test merged replication on the same server? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stable

Programmer
Mar 19, 2003
NZ
Hello,

I new to SQL server 2000. I am working on an existing SQL DB for a client who already has merged replication. The amendments requested require adding new colums to some tables. I know that I can add the new columns via the replication monitor in Enterprise manager. As I already have Enterprise manager set up on my laptop I was wondering whether I can set up both the publisher and the subscriber on my laptop or would that not be a good simulation of the live environment where the publisher and subscriber are on 2 different physical machines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Stable

I would recommend installing a second copy of SQL Server on your machine then do the replication between the instances.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Hi Denny,

Thanks for that tip. I'll give it a go.

cheers
Stable

No problem.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back