Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to still find Exchange 2003 trial? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not aware of any place to get that anymore. It's already one version back, and about to be two.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Yeah, I know it is old, but I don't have a choice in the matter. Let me explain.

I'm participating in a cyber security competition, and we have a Windows 2000 server to defend that runs an Exchange server. Obviously it can't run 2007, so it has to run 2003. To practice and prepare, we are setting up virtual machines with the operating systems and applications we have. So, we need to get our hands on Exchange 2003 somewhere.

----------------------------
"Will work for bandwidth" - Thinkgeek T-shirt

Get yourself a Microsoft Technet subscription for a couple of hundred dollars, you get access to Exhange 2003 media and keys with it.

It will be just the ticket for what you have in mind, I don't think that you will be in breech of their licencing conditions, but obviously read up on the usage limitations before parting with cash.

Just as an FYI, processing for both TechNet and MSDN subscriptions is taking about 6 weeks right now.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thanks guys. :) Sadly I don't have time to wait 6 six weeks as the competition is the 17th. We got our packets a week ago. Gotta love how they give you all this time to prepare. :p

----------------------------
"Will work for bandwidth" - Thinkgeek T-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back