Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to set up two calendars 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottlem

Technical User
Mar 23, 2001
GB
I was wondering if its possible for a user to setup 2 calendars. One for themselves and one to be shared across an office so that people can keep track of who is on holiday. The user will need to add holidays to it but other user should only have read rights.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers but not to worry, I had a look and managed to sort it.

How did you complete this, I would like to do the same thing?

I'm a french student, i have to make a gateway between groupwise and windev, and i'd like to know if it's possible, how you can import calendar data from groupwise of any groupwise users ... ?
please help me, no body were able to help me....

Go to tools=>options=>security=>proxy access

You can give other people rights to your calender.....if you want only holidays to show up then you will have to set up a second user for each person in the office.

The way we got around it was to make a groupwise resource called Staff Holidays. The person who deals with all staff leave enters the hols into this calender. All users can read only proxy into it to see which days are free, whilst the inputer has all rights to the calender.

Have you received an answer about setting up two calendars,one to query holidays etc.?

I'm looking for the exact same thing. Please let me know if you find an answer.

Thanks

Groupwise resources is the way to do this !!!!

Create Groupwise resource in the admin program.

Remember the owner of the resouce is the person
with the rights to add others to be able to share, this
new resource.

The owner of the resource can then use the proxy button
to select the resource, and tools otptions security to
allow people to share.

Once a person can share the resource, then they can use
their proxy to view the resouce.

You can also use the mult calendar view to see several calendars at the same time.

Mark

mark@acsconsult.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back