Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to send form data straight to an email address? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMcCallan

Programmer
Sep 20, 2010
GB
I currently have a 'contact us' form on a website I am designing, the client wants this information to be sent through to their inbox straight away once 'submit' is clicked. Is this possible or will it have to go into the sql database first and then sent from there? Any replied appreciated!

Thanks,
Rebecca

Ok then that was kind of stupid of me, NOW another problem, it says that they aren't declared? But they are in the sendemail sub aren't they!?

Thanks,
Rebecca

Ok I have got that part working but it still won't send... we do have an smtp server but how do I reference it?

Thanks,
Rebecca

Ok I have it sending an email now but it just sending me my own email address??

Thanks,
Rebecca

Yeah I know how to use the debugger. I have it working now and it is sending the correct info. Just one more thing which is more of an enhancement. On my contact us form I also have 'contact name' and 'contact number' text boxes, is it possible to send that in the email also? Maybe OnClick of button1 it could all go into the EmailBody?

Thanks,
Rebecca

Ok well the reason why I asked you is because I don't know how to do that...

Thanks,
Rebecca

Ok I've done it now, thank you...

Thanks,
Rebecca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back