Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is it possible to retrieve to a listview a record of a table that a field is an image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WomanPro

Programmer
Nov 1, 2012
GR
Hello everybody,
I need some help to understand some things.
I hava a database embeded on vb.net 2005 and one table has fiedls id, name, image.
So I need to store id, name, image files and retrieve them. Is it possible to retrieve the entire record in a listview or not?
Do I have to use a picture box about the image? And which is the best way to pass the image to the table and retrieve it?
Can anyone guide me with a simple example please??? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
so much in advanced.

Load it to a Datagridview that is easier..

Zameer Abdulla

is it possilbe to retrieve image in a datagridview with the entire record and how??????

Just load the data ino a datatble and set the datasource of the datagridview to it.

Zameer Abdulla

finally it doesn't help me, because I need to take the current record in a list each time so each new current record should have to be added to the listview. so any help?????

what about if the field istead of image is a string with the path of images, I have problem with images too, that's why I am asking both altrernatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back