Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to migrate from AIX 5.3 to AIX6.1 thr nimadm if Master running with version AIX7.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chauhan0013

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2012
US
Is it possible to migrate from AIX 5.3 to AIX6.1 client through nimadm if NIM Master is running with higher version AIX7.1 ?

does nim_alt_ package on for client(spot) and NIM Master should be on same level. in my case NIM master having higher version.
Please suggest..

Amit..

All that's required is that the nim server be at the same or above the client version; so in your case 7.1 is fine..... remember do backup's before you start...... and take a look at alt_disk_migration for an easy way to recover back to your initial starting point.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back