Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to make a Flash movie a clickable link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLWD

Technical User
Oct 29, 2000
GB
Is it possible to make the whole of a Flash movie a clickable link i.e. as if it were a gif or jpg file?

I tried to - but got an error. I know that you can have button instance that when clicked will 'get URL' - but what about the whole thing?

Thanks for any help.

NLWD

Yep sure is

U need to make a symbol usually a square that covers your whole movie. Place it in the top layer of your main timeline. Now go to the library and choose the properties of the item and select button. Edit the symbol and place a blank keyframe in every frame except the hit frame. Now when u return to your main movie u should see a transparent blue screen across your movie, this is your button. If u dont see it make sure under the "control" menu that "enable buttons" is NOT selected. All u have to do now is right click the symbol/button and choose actions Get URL and enter your URL.

TADAAAAAAA your whole movie is now clickable.

Thank for that - it was driving me crazy!

Regards - NLWD

Can you describe in detail how to do this

I made a outside border square symbol button

But I couldnt make it use the GOTO URL command

I need help coding the symbol

Can some1 please tell me how to do this step by step!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back