Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to maintain original file names (as page names) in PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosojos

Technical User
Dec 7, 2006
US
Let's say I have 4 Word docs that each have unique names. I want to make a single PDF that contains these four documents in it. At the same time, WITHIN this PDF, I want to maintain the Word Doc original file names somehow, either as Page names, or as a Table of Contents, or somehow...

You can make a pdf of each doc. Open the pdf in Acrobat pro and go to Document menu/Add header footer. Set that up and put in the individual doc name. Then ope whichever pdf you want as first and go to document menu/pages/add and add the additional pdfs.

If you want you can combine teh pdfs first and add headers/footers to individual pages.

You can also add bookmarks. Acrobat pro/view menu/navigation tabs/bookmarks. Make a bookmark for each section (word name) and Save. Then go to file menu/document properties and click on Initial View section. Under Show, select Bookmarks panel and page.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

dosojos,
Start with Acrobat.
Create PDF from Multiple files (File Menu, or button on toolbar).

Browse for all of the files you want to combine (word, excel, pdf, etc)

arrange them in the proper order

The new document will have bookmarks that are created from the individual file names.

Hope this helps.
Samaba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back