Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to install WSS without sql installed on the server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaharc1977

Technical User
Oct 23, 2005
IL
And if the right answer is yes-what should I put (during the first configuration and after the installation) in the fiels "the name of the db of sql server" ?

Thank's alot

Hello,

Download the SharePoint Services Administrators guide. It will list the different types of installations.

When using the MSDE you should not go with a server farm installation.

Also makesure you do not have Frontpage Extensions installed.

You can download the Admin guide at
Best Regards,
Thomas

And in this case-what should I put in the field "name db of sql server" (cause I have no sql server...)?

Hello,

You did chose the single server and using the Typical Option when you started the install? Then you should not have to actuallly have to fill in any configuration for the SQL server. It shall install WMSDE and not give you any more options.

Regards,
Thomas

Hello again,

In the WSS Admin guide you have a step by step instruction on how to install WSS with WMSDE, easiest is that you download it from and follow all the steps in there.

The important thing is that chose TYPICAL installation to use the WMSDE

Best Regards,
Thomas

Great, this is a good start cause I didn't know so...
So I need to ignire that page (configuration of db setting).
And how should I menage the page Before (Choose Security account) do I need to put username and password or choose network services ? cause I put already the administrator and the password and I got Eror 1057 SPTimer.

Thank you

Do I need asp.net installed on the server ?
btw-does as.net installed by default on server 2003 or do I need to do that menually by myself ?

Hello,

Yes install ASP.net. When you install IIS you get to chose which components to install. And make sure that you do not have FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Regards.
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back