Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to identify if there is an ANALOG phone on the PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelcityman2002

Technical User
Mar 18, 2013
US
Is there a way through software to identify if there is an ANALOG telephone on a port? I have the task of determining what active sets are in outer headquarters building and I need an easy way to ID the sets. I have looked at the frame to determine what is programmed , but not cross connected. However, it would be great if I can find a software command that would help me too.

Thanks

Unfortunately No

** Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

If you don't know what ports are analog vs digital, you can IDU the TN and it will tell you the set type unless it is a analog set. So if TN has something built on it and it doesn't IDU, then theres a good chance it is analog.

I need to know if there is a piece of equipment on the port, so if it is programmed and nothing on the port, it can be removed.

Well there is a few other ways to do it, but that would require physically checking them. I take it that is not an option for you either.

As above, It's not easy, but I'd capture all the TNB in a log file and then use the conversion utility tool to get an overall picture of how many sets, trunks etc you have. Use the link below to download my latest copy.

For digital sets, go into LD 117 and key in INV GEN ALL. Log out and log back in later. Go back into LD 117 and key in INV PRT ALL. This will print out all the card and digital sets. The digital sets will show you what is or isn't plugged in. save the data as a *.csv file and use it with the conversion utility tool as an additional worksheet.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

got to LD 81 - you can list out all sets or just a count of all sets.

REQ = CNT or PRT
FEAT = SETS

All 500 and 2500 counts are analog. If you do a PRT, you get the TN where all the sets are built, if you do CNT, you just get a count.

forgot to mention that you can break it down by set type as well - FEAT = 2500 or 500 for all analog on the system

I need to determine if there is an actual device on the port. I have the printouts I need. I know in the CO switches there is a command the measure the capacitance and resistance, which equates to a device on the port.

The answer is NO. Go to where this is and look for physical connections to phones...

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back