Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to have two exchange accounts open in Outlook 2003? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skhoury

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2003
US
Hello all,

I am trying to solve a very annoying problem.

Our customer support department needs to have access to their own mailbox in addition to the customer support mailbox.

It seems that in Outlook 2003, we are unable to load more than Exchange account (i.e. personal and resource).

Does anyone know a way around this, or perhaps another suggestion?

If you are wondering why we didnt use public folders to host the customer support account, it is because for some reason, public folders have an extremely limited set of rules functionality (when compared to a regular email account).

Any help is much apprecaite...thanks!

Sam

Yes, I agree with both of you...

right now we are using a copy of Symantec Mail Security for Exchange which handles the AV and some very basic Anti-Spam measures.

we are using this Anti-spam tool in combination with the intelligent message filter....basically we have it set to consider anything rated with a 7 or above as spam, but plenty of stuff still manages to break through.

We will be looking to upgrade our Anti-Spam solution in about a month or two.

Perhaps GFi will be the one we select...

Another thing that I find annoying is that basically these guys have a "system" to how they manage the inbox. They have a whole bunch of sub folders and rules that direct things all over the place.

One of the main rules lacking with respect to PF's is that you cannot redirect an email to a PF's subfolder based on any critirea...very wierd.

A custom form and custom views will resolve that. MS had a simple help desk application that you could download that just used forms and views and worked really well.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Really? Would you mind providing me with a link to this sample app?

That would be awesome, I could hopefully then just customize the app to suite our needs...

Thanks again...

I'm not near my usual stash of stuff, but you're looking for sampapps.pst, which was released by Microsoft. Start looking, and I'll grab it when I can dig it up.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back