Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to have 2nd Auto Attendant on single PRI, if different direct dial number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalphNY

MIS
Mar 13, 2013
US
Hello,
The Merlin Messaging seems to only support using separate Auto Attendand menus per "line". Is there any way to configure the system to have a different Auto Attendant menu play based on DID number, rather than line? The two DIDs are coming in on the same PRI line.

Most of our locations have IP Office 500 systems, and on those this could be done with Incoming Call Routes based on DID, but it seems like it may be impossible on the Magix. Hopefully I'm just missing something. Please help or confirm if this is in fact not possible.

Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance, Ralph.

Yes. You assign the DID extension as an auto-attendant versus a mailbox. So, when creating the mailbox for that DID, when you are creating it there is a spot to assign an auto-attendant versus create a mailbox. It will ask which AA (1, 2, or 3).

Thanks a lot. That seems be at least partly working: I can hear the auto attendant when I dial the extension. The DID to auto-attendant is not working yet, but that may just be due to the call forwarding from the DID to the main number, not yet being turned off.

I set the PRI incoming routing to expect 10 digits and delete 7, which should leave the last three digits, which when this secondary DID number is called, are the digits of this AA extension. That AA is not working except when its extension is directly dialed, so if there's anything I missed, please tell me, and thanks again for your help, Ralph.

If other DID's are working, then I bet they have not turned off forwarding yet. If all DID's are ringing the main line then there is a routing problem.

It was just the forwarding not having been turned off when the number was ported. Now it has been turned off and the DID to AA menu 3 is working. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back