Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to edit a form with multiple tables in backend query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve728

Programmer
Mar 16, 2003
US
I noticed that I cannot edit any of my forms textboxes once I added another table to the backend query. Is there anyway around this?

Steve
Access 2000/2002

Making the backend query updatable ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Is your back end a Jet database? If so, it must have to do with how you joined it to the other tables. You may have an extra relationship in the query, for instance, and that can make the query non-updatable. Or, you might have multiple outer joins that conflict, where before you didn't.

Usually the solution to this is to use a second query, based on the first query, but joining the new table.

The help file has a topic on when queries are updatable and when not. It's easiest to access by typing "update data in a query" into the Answer Wizard (at least that works in A2000).

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back