Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to download videos? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

torstens

Technical User
Oct 9, 2006
US
I was wondering, as the title says, if its possible to download videos from the web with perl. Be they .mov, .mpeg, .avi...

do you mean using perl to facilitate a download or do you mean using perl to take resources from someone elses website?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.

To take resources from someone elses website and download them onto my computer.

Is that module included in the basic perl install? On a related question, where can I go to find what modules are included with the basic install?

you can run a peice of code and it will tell you, i've seen that question asked a load of time, so if you do a search it will pop up for you.

Or ask you web host , that's what I do ;-)

I beleive the LWP is a standard module, but any good web host will install a module if you ask them nicely.

if you need to get it your self, just check out CPAN.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.

LWP is not a core module as of perl 5.8.8 but some hosts will have it installed. Some hosts may not install that module as it can be abused or misused. You can see a listing of core modules here:

- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional!

thanks Kevin, I guess my host just had it installed anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back