Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to display the total 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Aug 17, 2001
DE
Is it possible to display the total saved MB or GB of a group

No, you can't have the total saved for a Group, but you can have the detail for each client with "display details...", or with the command :

mminfo -q &quot;client=<server-name>&quot; -r &quot;name,totalsize&quot;

Hi,

try mminfo -X -q &quot;group=<GROUPNAME>,level=full&quot; -t 'last day'

With the -t option you also can use other time format ('last week', 'two weeks ago', ...). for this take a look at the manpage of nsr_getdate.

With the -q option you can use a lot more queries (see manpage of mminfo).

The output will give you many statistic information!

You can do this by customising the &quot;savegroup completion” notification. As each group finished all the information you require is output via this notification. You need to write a script that can read from stdin, store this in the ..nsr\bin folder and update the notification to run it. you can then total up the amount of data saved. I also write the details of each save set into a file and the details of the group into another, these files get added to each time a group finishes. I also format the data to CSV format and this makes it very readable in a spreadsheet. It is very handy to see the info on savesets and groups. You can see the information that is available in the savegrp.log file in the ..\nsr\logs folder (on NT) . As a safety net I also output every record read to the savegrp.log file to ensure I have an unmolested copy of the info.

The main advantage this has over using mminfo is that it runs automatically whenever a group finishes. [afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back