Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to dial a code on a phone set and listen to a conversat

Status
Not open for further replies.

serge9

Technical User
Mar 3, 2002
CA
Is it possible to dial a code on a phone set and listen to a conversation on another phone without the other user knowing?

How can that be done?
How can we de activate this function if it exist

Thanks
serge9

Depends on your software version. If you have the latest version, your vendor could set up silent monitor for hunt groups, which is a rather limited application of what you want to achieve.

You can also silent monitor with additional (third party) hardware. Again- it would be something a vendor would have to install for you.

also check the state laws about eavesdropping phone calls

you can also remove the Auto Privacy from the lines, which would allow intrusion without the far end knowing.

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

Thanks gentlemen, as a matter of fact I want to make sure no one can listen to somebody’ s else conversation
And as I understood, it is done with privacy on the line as BugsNYC stated

Thank you all, that answered my question

Sege9

htere is a group listen feature code that could be used without anyone knowing

ONLY 7 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Group Listen" turns on the speakerphone of the set you are currently using. This is so others standing around your desk can listen to the conversation you are having on the handset.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Listening in on a line while someone is on it is possible by turning off the Privacy setting for this line, but it is *not* "secret". All this does is allow you to add yourself to the conversation as a conference call at will. The person on the phone may notice that your set's name/dn appears on their LCD display. Also, unless you mute your microphone, they might hear you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back