Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is It Possible To Create a Stand-Alone Flash Application? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhoh

Technical User
Apr 21, 2001
US
Hi Folks,

I've never created anything in Flash before so I apologise for the newbie questions. My goal is to create a stand-alone demo of a product. I like the interactivity that Flash provides but this demo has to work on a number of different users machines. And there is no way that I can guarantee that each user has a Flash Player/plug-in installed and I don't want them to have to do so. Is there a way to use Flash without the Player or Plug-In being previously installed? I read the information about the Flash Deployment Kit on the Macromedia site but it still seemed unclear to me if this would suit my needs. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

yes

go into file>publish settings and select to publish as projector files..there are options for both windows and macs.

these files are then stand alone.

Thanks for the info Bill.

Cheers,

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back