Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to configure a BRI ISDN ETSI NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptsul

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
PT
Hi All,

In IP Office 500 V2 R6 is it possible to configure the BRI unit in NT mode (ETSI) to interconnect to other system in TE mode?

Thank you all!

You can make the port an S Bus port which allows TE diveces to connect, so that will probably work :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Thank you amriddle,

Sorry but I am a new in IPO500 world, in fact I have our lab system now to startup.

Some more doubts:
- does any BRI card supports the S-Bus configuration,as you mention, including the comboBRI card?
- Do I need to have a special NT (ISDN Network Terminator)or a common one will do?
- Does the IPO supllies power for the NT?

Best Regards
JMF

The docs just state "IP 500 daughter boards only" which the combi card kind of has, it makes no specific mention of combi cards. You just need a 100ohm resistor and the reversal to terminate the Sbus. As for power it must supply some power to bring the link up but probably not enough required to power an NTE (such as BT's boxes on the wall) :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Once again
Thank you all.

I will setup and test the connection between the IPO in NT mode and Avaya(Nortel) TE mode, and later with a Siemens TE mode, then I will post the results.

Best regards

JMF

>but probably not enough required to power an NTE (such as >BT's boxes on the wall)

But BT NTE's are U bus not SBus (2 wire not 4)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

That was an example of something that draws it's power from the line as oppose to a seperate power supply, I can't think of any others :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back