Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to assign two digital extensions with one calling numbe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokane

Technical User
Feb 28, 2004
PH
Our client wants this feature...when you call digital extension #xxxx it must ring to two digital extensions & while the extension is ringing you must be able to see on
both LCD display the caller identification & can be answered from any of the two digital extensions.

Can someone assist me how to implement this request?

thanks,

rokane

You did not mention what BC release you've got. Its okay in BC12 using mobile extension.

Patcher,

The BC release is BC11.If this is upgraded to BC12 how will
I implement it using mobile extension(Can you detail how it is done).

thanks,

rokane

In the comming BC 12.2 you can use the new feature ring list

MUNDUS,

Thanks for the information. Will the "A" number of the caller be displayed on all ringing extension list?

rokane

would it be within the clients parameters to put the called number in as a hunt group and present the calls to the other 2 digital phones?

Del

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
umm,it IS supposed to do that, right??

to Rokane - yes, to Delster - i thing yes is possible, but am not sure yet.

Hi,

the Parallel ringing feature (BC12.2) allows to have One main number and 2 secondary numbers.

small example : user has ext A as fixed extension and ext B as DECT.

we initiate ext A as parallel ringing :

PLLNI:MDIR=A,SDIR=B;

when someone calls extension A, extension B will ring at the same time and A_NUMBER will be presented on both extensions.

some usefull tips.

if ext A is called and user takes the call with ext B, ext A is BUSY. however if ext A is called and user takes the call at ext A, ext B will not be BUSY.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

Cheers,
Daddy

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

To all,

Thank you for the very informative information given here, I can now convince our client to upgrade to latest BC12
release.

rokane

Rokane,

take into account that BC12.2 is not released (yet).
we are seeing some delay with the introduction...

The parallel ringing feature in BC12.2 is something we've been waiting for and sounds like just the thing for use in conjunction with DECT.

For example, I normally have a DECT DT590 clipped to my belt but when in the office I prefer to make and to pick up calls on the digital desktop phone.

The problem is that if I'm busy on a call on the desktop phone and another call comes in to my main number on the DECT phone, I have to manually handle that second incoming call. If the DECT is busied up when I'm on the desktop phone, it is a much better result and allows more automatic possibities to handle the second call.eg : busy divert to Voicemail

Thanks for the information.

How should it work? Imagine: I have a dig. phone and a Dect-Phone. If I dial the number of dig. phone, dect should also ringing. How can a MDN help?

You could tell me now: Make the dect-number to the main-number and program a mdn on a dig. phone! Good idea, but: If I want to use the dig. phone for internal or external calls, I must always press the mdn, before dialling. Otherwise wrong A-number will be sent. Now you could tell me: use nutri to convert! But: What is with internal calls? Now you could tell me: Suppress the a-number with adc. But now I tell you: my internal customer do not accept. And: Main-Number is not busy, if I dial with my digital phone with the odn.

rokane (TechnicalUser) 7 Feb 05 19:00 asked:

>Our client wants this feature...when you call digital >extension #xxxx it must ring to two digital extensions & >while the extension is ringing you must be able to see on
>both LCD display the caller identification & can be >answered from any of the two digital extensions.

>Can someone assist me how to implement this request?

In a literal sense, what you're asking is not possible -- you cannot have one directory number assigned as ODN on two different instruments.

You can however, assign the ODN of phone one as an MDN on pnone 2 and set both for normal ringing. The drawback is that the ringing MDN will not display any information on phone 2 until it answered on phone 2.

I *think* Ericsson mentioned at this year's User Group that display info on ringing MDN's was going to be included in an upcoming release, but they were pretty vague about which release and when..........they really wouldn't even say if the next release would be BC12.1, if there would just be another service pack, or if there might be another service pack, then BC12.1 and no BC12.2.

Beyond that, you can get into all the other stuff regarding DECT and mobility extensions that other posts have mentioned, but if you need 2 stationary digital sets with the same ODN, it's not going to happen on the MD for awhile.

C-ya,

Dave Strang

>thanks,

>rokane

Dave, we have BC12.2 running here and parallel ringing is working like a charm.
in fact BC12.1 is SP6. the plan was to have BC12.2 in SP7 but it will be released in BC12.1.
BC12.2 (SP8) is delayed because of IP phone related issues. it is very likely that some of the new features will never be released in BC12.2...

In the UK I think BC13 is the next release which will have the new features, check with your Account Manager and I understand it may be a free upgrade.

Akademik,

that's correct but we don't have any ETA on BC13 (== current BC12.2) yet

Regarding nschreuder's suggestion above 'Why not use an MDN '
Good suggestion but MDN does not work with DECT.
MNS yes but MDN no.

lalri has summarised it above in a nutshell. These are pretty much the issues that arise for us too.

Parallel ringing promises to be an elegant solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back