Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible in VB and crystal report? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2004
PH
Is it possible in VB to pass parameters from VB to Crystal Report without using the Crystal Report Viewer?I have created programs passing parameters to Crystal report viewer but i don't know how to pass these parameters without using crystal Viewer.Is it possible?If possible?How?

You don't need a Viewer to pass parameters to a report in order to export it, send it directly to a printer, etc. The method for doing so depends on the version of Crystal you're using, and what method you're using to access the Crystal Print Engine (OCX, RDC, API, CRPEAuto, etc).

From one of your previous threads (thread222-966846), it looks like you already have the code you need, and looks like CR 8.5 using the RDC. Does that not work?

-dave

Well, it is working.I am a little bit curious that time because i used crystal viewer.I haven't tried to pass paramaters using the crystal report control.Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back