Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible for me to forward an extension out to another pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylor

MIS
Aug 16, 2001
US
My question is: Is it possible for me to forward a direct number from here to another pbx switch somewhere else. What I want to do is when this direct number gets dialed, I want it to automaticly forward it to the customer service in the other location? So is it possible to do it without having to have any other equipment or software. Switches are Definity G3si R4. We do have direct links but not for telephones only networking. We have a 256k between the two locations.Any ideas or suggestion is appreciated.

ylor

I read what you're saying is you have no networking and no AAR set up between the switches. If this is correct you can do the forwarding using 'cha cov r' and adding the destination number to which you want forwarding be sure to note the number at which this destination falls on your list. You would then 'add cov p x' with options set to forward all calls after 1 ring and as the first point of coverage put rX where X is the number of your remote destination from your coverage remote list. Then give the DID the coverage path you have assigned. Your software version is kind of old so there may be some additional/different steps but I've worked with this on older releases before.

Tried what you said and it doesn't work. Any other idea or suggestion that might work.

It works now that I have tried again. One problem though. The sound quality is pretty bad though. I have my volume set high and I can barely hear the other person and also the other person can barely hear me. Did I do something wrong or is somehow the line is crossed. What do you think could be wrong.

Weird, I tested on my system forwarding to the other switch and its fine. But when I try it from the other switch to forward an a call when it comes into the phone on the other site, I get a busy signal. Is there some setting I need to change at the other site. My site seems to be ok except the other site. Is it because they probably don't have enough lines or is there a setting that I need to change so that when I try to automaticly forward a call from the other locations phone to my location when a call comes in from the other location to stop from getting that busy signal sound. ANy help and suggestion is appreciated.

ylor

Try changing the number you are forwarding to to one you know will work, or dial the number you are forwarding to directly. Then ask the folks at the far end some pressing questions about their incoming capacity...
JDE

Do a 'st st xxx' where xxx is the extension you are trying to give the remote forwarding to. Check SAC Activated and CF Destination ext. SAC says y or there is an extension in the CF Destination you will get a busy signal on Coverage Remote.

JDE:
I have tried all the numbers and they do all work correctly. Still getting the busy signal.

Maxg:
I did a st st xxx and SAC=no and CF destination has no extension in it but still getting a busy signal.

What could other settings might cause this?
:confused:

Thanks again for any help I can get.

The only other interaction I see for remote coverage pertains to hunt groups. And it doesn't sound like that's the case, what the system does is when group queueing and coverage points are unavailable the caller receives a busy, is there any reason the coverage point would be unavailable? Does the system with the forwarded phone have a route to the coverage remote location? Also, I would verify that I'd programmed the correct number in the coverage remote table.

have you check the system feature form
"trunk to trunk restriction" set to no
and then I suggest use vectoring method to remote forword when you have purchase "vectoring " licence.

The trunk to trunk transfer on the system-parameters features does not restrict coverage remote as far as I know. Mine is set to none and I can forward off-net all day long.

Hmm... I checked my system here and compared it to the remote system and everything look almost the same. The only other question I have is that the remote site is using R6 and in the system parameters it has a coverage-forward selection. I tried playing with that but it doesn't still seem to let me forward the transfer. My "trunk to trunk" is set to "all". What other option in R6 is there to be able to enable this option. I can feel that its only one little setting that I have to say "yes" to enable it and it will work. I just can't seem to find it.

If anyone can help or have any suggestion in enable this feature your help is really appreciated. Deadline is Oct 28 for this. I did not know I was gonna run into this problem so I told everyone that it will be working by then.

Have you tried to call forward the ext rather than using a coverage path, example I use *6 to call forward and #6 to cancel call forwarding. To call forward ext 123,from a telephone with console permissions: dial *6123915551212, if you then check status station 123 you should see call forwarding destination of 915551212. I think it will be necessary to have trunk to trunk transfer enabled for this to work.

Okay, just for giggles try this, after verifying the coverage path is set to the right remote forward location (r1,r2..) and that the station you are testing has the right coverage path, change the coverage remote to a number local to the remote switch, maybe even out and back in on a DID so you can get validation from the folks at the far end. I've tried everything I can think of on my system to get a busy signal and with the exception of the interactions I've mentioned above I can't do it. If you can get it to forward locally you'll at least verify that coverage remote is working at all.

Max:
I did try some local numbers also but as soon as I dial that number that is suppose to forward me to the remote number it gives me a busy signal even before a ring. So im not even getting a single ring just a busy signal as soon as I finish dialing it.

Not sure if this of any help but here is some of my configurations.

COVERAGE PATH

Coverage Path Number: 6 Hunt after Coverage? n Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? n n
Don't Answer? n n Number of Rings: 1 n n
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y

COVERAGE POINTS

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

Point1: r1 Point2: r2 Point3:
Point4: Point5: Point6:

Page 1 of 2
STATION

Extension: 222 Lock Messages? n BCC: 0
Type: 6408D+ Security Code: TN: 1
Port: 01A0607 Coverage Path 1: 1 COR: 17
Name: Sales Coverage Path 2:

COS: 1 Hunt-to Station:

STATION OPTIONS
Data Module? n Personalized Ringing Pattern: 1
Speakerphone: 2-way Message Lamp Ext: 222
Display Language: english Mute Button Enabled? y

Page 2 of 2
STATION
FEATURE OPTIONS
LWC Reception: msa-spe Auto Select Any Idle Appearance? y
LWC Activation? y Coverage Msg Retrieval? y
CDR Privacy? n Auto Answer: none
Redirect Notification? y Data Restriction? n
Per Button Ring Control? n Idle Appearance Preference? n B Bridged Call Alerting? n
Active Station Ringing: single Restrict Last Appearance? y
H.320 Conversion? n
Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number?
Audible Message Waiting? n Display Client Redirection? n
Select Last Used Appearance?

FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS

Trunk-to-Trunk Transfer: all
Automatic Callback - No Answer Timeout Interval (rings): 4
Call Park Timeout Interval (minutes): 1
Off-Premises Tone Detect Timeout Interval (seconds): 20
AAR/ARS Dial Tone Required? y
Music/Tone on Hold: music Port: 01A0502
Music (or Silence) on Transferred Trunk Calls? no
DID/Tie/ISDN Intercept Treatment: attd
Messaging Service Adjunct (MSA) Connected? n
Internal Automatic Answer for Attendant Extended Calls? n
Automatic Circuit Assurance (ACA) Enabled? y
ACA Referral Calls: local
ACA Referral Destination: attd
ACA Short Holding Time Originating Extension: 828
ACA Long Holding Time Originating Extension: 829
Abbreviated Dial Programming by Assigned Lists? y
Auto Abbreviated/Delayed Transition Interval (rings): 2

Ok this is better, now we can see how you program this routing.
Your problem is the coverage path.
you must change in the coverpath the coverage criteria.
if you change all? to y
(insite for insite calls and outside for outside calls)
example:
station 111 have coverage path 6.
coverage path 6 have coverage criteria all to Y
coverage points have point1: r1
In the Coverage Remote you have a number on position 01.
That number can be an external or internal number.

I see that station 222 have coverage path 1
I don't know wat you whant with that.

FYI
Active:
Calls redirect if at least one call appearance is busy.
Busy:
Calls redirect if all call appearances that accept incoming calls are busy.
Don’t Answer:
Calls redirect when the specified number of rings has been
exceeded.
All:
Calls redirect immediately to coverage and overrides any
other criteria with a y in this column.
DND/SAC/Goto Cover:
Must be assigned before a user can activate Do Not Disturb
(Hospitality Services), Send All Calls (SAC), or Go to Cover
features. Allows a calling user, when calling to another
internal extension, to redirect a call immediately to coverage by pressing a GO TO COVER button.
Allows a principal temporarily to direct all incoming calls to coverage, regardless of the other assigned coverage criteria by pressing the SEND ALL CALLS (or DO NOT DISTURB) button.
Send All Calls also allows covering users to temporarily remove their phones from the coverage path.

My mistake. I have the station coverage path set to 1 because I had to set it back to its original setting so that the phone will receive calls. This is a customer service phone so when I copied and paste to here I had changed it back to its original setting so that it can receive calls just in case.
But originaly when I test it I will change the coverage path to 6.

I have tried all settings. Having "yes" to all option and everything for the COVERAGE CRITERIA section.

Yup, I'll go with Bob on that, cha cov p 6 and set criteria to all, cha st 222 and set cov p to 6. Also, on cov p 6, unless you have CCRON enabled on your switch (disp sys cov page 2) you won't be able to use two remote coverage locations, the system generally gives no supervision to calls forwarded off-net, it just dumps them out to the network.

When I go into the disp sys cov page 2 I see the CCRON. Right now its set to no. When I try to put it to yes it gives me this "Cvg Of Calls Redirected Off-net feature not assigned". How would I go about assigning the feature for this cov path. I don't know what command to use to add this assigned feature. Can anyone help me on what this means "Cvg Of Calls Redirected Off-net feature not assigned" and how to set it up. Thanks so so so much for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back