Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it posible to get lab / used licenses for BC11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofa44

Technical User
Oct 12, 2006
NO
Hi.

I have a MD110 BC11 in my lab at home, and I want to test some configurations between the MD and my Asterisk server / Cisco Voice GW, but i don't have the proper licenses.
I contacted Aastra in Norway, and they told me there was no way to get licenses for BC11, and told me to upgrade to MX-ONE. This is not an option for me as this PBX is only used by me for training and testing purposes. Is it posible to buy "refurbished" licenses for my system?
I also have HDU from another refurbished PBX, but I don't have the password for this PBX. Is it posible to mount this HDU and read out this licenses from the HDU ? I think I have alle the cards from the other PBX, but i think the magazine ended up in the trash.

Best regards
Roy Michelsen

It is not possbile to obatain new licenses for MD110 BC11.
And you need BC13/TSW to be able to get the correct setup for your configuration.
Since April 2011, also BC13/TSW has been phased out by Aastra, so the only recommendation is to upgrade to MX-ONE.
However, you can re-use all newer linecards and the cabinets, just adding IPLU and LSU-E.
If you do not have any password for a HDU, it is not possible to use the HDU.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back