Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it good timing now to get SAP training? Advice pls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yalanola

MIS
Apr 16, 2001
SG
Hi,

I intended to take SAP training now, I want to take SAP SD track, since I have more than 10 years international sales experience including banking credit, shipping, scheduling and so on. I learned that SAP is no longer hot, especially companies now are cutting their budget for economic recession. I just feel that it is quite risky to invest in SAP now, but I alos feel that I may be able to take up it, since I don't have any programming experience, and SAP SD function mainly involves configration, for a mid-aged career changer, it sounds like good combination to put my experience and IT together. Is it worthy to invest in it now? What is the marketplace for the late new-comers? Is a MBA degree helpful in the SAP job hunting?

I need your professional advice to make decision.

Thank you.

hi yalanola,

Its been about an year since u posted ur thread. So have u gone in for SAP training and what has your experience been with SAP. I am a guy with just a couple of years of non-programming work experience. I was looking at SAP as a career option. What do u suggest?

does anyone knows what will be a good place to learn SAP. Not interested in ABAP but other modules. Do you think it is worth it? I live in Schaumburg, (near Chicago,IL)

Any help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back