Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it an ICA or speedscreen problem? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinSwe

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2005
US
After rebooting the server due to security updates,(that MS says you may never need to do because it is 2003), my users are unable to access Outlook. When they try the error message that Outlook expereienced a problem ... Anyhow, if I switch them over to RDP it works fine. On the event log I have the following error message:
Faulting application outlook.exe version 10.0.6626.0 faulting module speedscreenapi.dll, version 2.3.1467.1, fault address 0x00003056.

I'm thinking about replacing the .dll with the one from the CD on the assumption it somehow got corrupted.
Thank you for any help,
Kevin

I found the following on another site. The problem happens after installing a security rollup from Microsoft. You have to delete some registry keys to fix it. The registry keys that should be deleted are:

HKLM\Software\Citrix\CtxHook\AppInit_DLLS\speedscreen\iexplore.exe
HKLM\Software\Citrix\CtxHook\AppInit_DLLS\speedscreen\outlook.exe

After you get rid of those, everything should work fine.

The site where I found this is:

As studyaid pointed out, this is due to an issue with Metaframe XP and the Microsoft Rollup 1 per Citrix article : CTX107051

We experienced the same issue and the registry changes noted above resolved the issue with IE/Outlook. We also had an issue with Winlogon and high cpu usage that required a different registry fix (shown below for reference) :
To resolve WINLOGON high CPU utilization :
1. Open Regedt32
2. Navigate to the following location:
HKLM\Software\Citrix\Ctxhook\AppInit_Dlls\Smart Card Hook
3. Rename the "FilePathName" key from "scardhook.dll" to "scardhook.dll.old"
4. Reboot the server

The Citrix document no longer references these registry changes as there is a hotfix availabe. (we couldnt apply the hotfix immediately as we needed to install the Metaframe XP SP4 which is a pre-requisite of the Citrix hotfix).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back