Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Handsfree on 2008 phones supported in OPT61 Rls22?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2003
US
Is the handsfree function (2-way speakerphone) supported in Rls22 / Opt 61 for the 2008s? These sets are clearly marked as model "2008HF" so I know they have the 2-way speakers. However, these phones are from another site using a higher release of software.

Thank you for you help.
collenator.

From memory I believe so, but the programming was a bit different. I don't think you get hfa in the cls, you just leave one of the keys blank

you must put in cls hfa and in keys 06 blank

Wolfi

No. This does not work and it will not let me assign HFA in the class of service because this is only for 2616 phones and it will error out. According to my documentation, it says that HFA on a 2008 does not have to be assigned because it's built in the hardware.

I have set up the phone as a 2008 with display. I left Key 6 blank. HOwever, the 2-way will not work and Key 6 doesn't work as a handsfree button.

Any more ideas?
Thanks for your help.
Collenator.

I have customer with release 18 and working good (2008 HF /Display ).

Did you try with another phone ?

Wolfi

Not yet...could be the phone.
But CLS HFA will not work, it gets rejected.
????

Collenator.

like I said, on Rls22, for a HF 2008, just leave key 6, (the 0ne under the PROG key), blank. I don't think you get the HFA prompt for 2008's until Rls23

before you change the CLS to HFA make sure that key 6 is nulled out. Make the change to key 6 nul and enter through the rest. Then go back to the same TN and change the cls to HFA and it should work. Insuring that the phone you are using is truly handsfree.

THAT WORKED!!!
THANK YOU!!! No where in any documentation does it say to do that. Stupid.
Thank you all for helping me out.
(I think I'll Go home now.).

Collenator
[thumbsup2]

just to let you know there were some 2008 handsfree that were hardware driven not software driven

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back