Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Crystal Report preinstalled with full version in VS 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautieee

Programmer
Oct 4, 2008
MY
Im new to VB2005. I used to create reports in VB6 with Crytal Report 4.6 from Tool->Report Designer.

When switching to new VB2005, Im looking for similar functionality if full version of crystal is preinstalled? I know i can create reports from solution explorer but im just wonder if full version preinstalled and how to run the report disgner if any?

Seeking for advise.

thank you and Regards,
Beautieee

It doesn't come with a standalone version of Crystal Reports. Also, there is a now a ReportViewer control. This is based off of SQL Server Reporting Services technology. However I've found that the Visual Studio 2008 version seems to be more robust.

RiverGuy,

Thank you for ur response. I will get a copy of crystal Report then.

Regards,
Beautieee

Visual Studio does come with Crystal Reports although it's not the full stand alone version. To add a report from your project select add -> new item and select Reporting from there you can select Crystal Reports or the report viewer control. You don't need to purchase a stand alone copy of CR unless there is some functionality that is not included with the VS version.

CR should install automatically with VS if it isn't installed you can re-run the setup and select it to instaall.

Hi Kilot, I know crystal report can be called from VB environemnt but just get used of real environment of report designing. Thank u.

Downloaded ver8 of crystal report from internet last 2 days.

Regards,
Beautieee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back