Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Avaya better than Norstar? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyarticle

Technical User
May 31, 2006
US
I have just bought a Norstar MICS 7.0 with CP 100. It is just a little late to be finding this out, but I am getting the opinion that Avaya may be a better system.

Does anybody who works with both Avaya & Norstar have an opinion which is better based on price & features?

Thanks

I am from the UK and have been working with telecoms for 3 years now the system I support on is a Avaya Definity R11. Last month my company opened a new office and in NY and went over to learn about Nortel. I must say the 3 weeks I was there working with the vendor I learned more about that system in the 3 weeks than I learned about the Definity system back in London. So I must say Avaya on the face of it is more user friendly but Nortel system is a lot simpler when you get your head round it.

When you understand Nortel then the Norstar is simply the greatest.

Oh PLEASE....

I'm here to tell ya that systems made by AT&T/Lucent/Avaya (or whatever they call it today) make FINE boat anchors!

Norstar will run circles around that junk any day of the week and then outlast it ten to one!

Phonehed in Dallas

I work on both and I have to tell you that they each have unique positives.

As always Thank You for the lesson!!

What about the feature to allow a call transferred to outside the phone system and be able to route back?

I was told Nortel can not do it, not matter which system you buy. I am not sure about Avaya. Only system I know allow that work is TeleVantage running on Intel cards.

Similar to Nortel's ATA, outside phone system on any analog phone can invoke the phone system features by "**". I think Nortel could implement that easily, but they don't do it.

Anyone knows any other phone system can do that -- allowing a call being transferred out phone system route back into the phone system again? Nortel or Avaya, or someone else?

Nortel hands down .Both the pbx and the key system are far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back