Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is anyone using Pervasive DB with cobol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RASI

Programmer
Aug 29, 1998
US
PowerCobol. Is anyone using Pervasive Btreive or SQL in your cobol applications? If so, can you give me some feedback how sastified you are with the Pervasive engine.

I'm looking for a database engine for small multi-user projects.

Yes, by using Btrieve engine we can access pervasive database via cobol dlls. This will be better and very fast too.

We had a major product being developed with Fujitsu COBOL and the Pervasive data base engine a year ago but my company was sold and the project was cancelled. However, I think Pervasive is a very good data base to build an application with. It provides server engines on the most popular platforms plus a single user engine for stand alone applications. Also, it allows you to access your data base tables via the API level using Btrieve calls which are very fast, plus the pricing was good if you plan on reselling your product. We had no trouble with it running the data base on Novell or under Windows and using the ODBC interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back