Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is anyone running VM pro on a MS 2003 server having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex868

MIS
Sep 28, 2005
US
We are running VM Pro on a Dell PC with XP Pro and VM pro locks up on us about every three weeks. We have upgraded the VM pro software to the lasted version and the issue continues. Avaya is recommending we replace the PC with a Dell server with MS server 2003 and reinstall VM pro. Is anyone running VM pro on MS server 2003 having a issue with VM pro locking up on them?

I have had a ton of sites with XP Pro doing this and my solution was to schedule reboots. I have mine reboot every 2 weeks. I have also stopped putting XP PRo in on new installs.

Windows 2003 Standard works fine haven't rebooted for about 4 months now.

We have used server 2003 for VM pro quite a few times in larger deployments and never had a single issue.

Then again, we have used XP pro without any major issues.

There are occasions where users decide that they want to use the PC for other purposes and load software that conflicts with the VM PRO services, or an update kicks the windows firewall on.

There was an issue running VMPro on the initial release of 3.2 with the service hanging and reboot required...newer releases seem to fix the issue (XP Pro issue) I recommend 3.2.28.4

I've been running Voicemail Pro on 2003 server for about year now and havent had any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back