Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is an ACA cert worth having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AintgottaClue

Technical User
Apr 10, 2007
GB
I am from a Mitel background but I wanted to move into AVaya.First of all what is the best Avaya system to get into .Secondly is it worth getting an ACA certification and if so what electives are the most useful?
Thanks

in my opinion no go for cisco instead. But if you are going to be installing systems then you will need the certs.

ACA is very easy and requires ony basic knowledge. But if you are going to reach next certification level, ACS, you will need valid ACA certification to do it.

As mentioned before, in order to get the higher levels of "Avaya Certs and product author." you have to have a valid ACA.

There are two ways to get your ACA Core taken care of. 1) Take the avaya exam. 2) take the CTP exam.

Both Mitel and Avaya accept CTP as their core, so I would go that route.

OK guys thanks for the info, I've found the intro manuels really useful. Can anyone list some of the more recent Avaya systems / pbx's just so I have an idea about the kit. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back