Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is a report hit counter possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHeath

Technical User
Feb 23, 2004
GB
Does anyone know of any addons or simple code to implement to add a 'hit counter'. Basically we'd like to know and/or display how many times each report is being run.

Thanks
Jon

What do you mean by "RUN" in your environment...?

* View-On-Demand
* Sheduled
* View Latest Instance
* View Old Instance from History
* ALL OF THE ABOVE...?

A lot of this information is available in the CE10 Audit database. You don't specify which version you are using [sad]

Kingfisher [CECP]

Apologies for the lack of information. By "run" I mean each time a report is being viewed on Crystal Enterprise. We are using version 10. If you could point me towards the right place to be looking for the Audit db I'd appreciate it.

Be sure to mention that the audit db requires an additional license.

mdwyer: I don't do licensing [smile] Strange though, b/c AFAIK the audit db does require a paper license, but it does not cost any extra? is this true?

JonHeath: The best thing would be to check your Admin guide, there is lots of info in it - I can't give better instructions than that (other than if you use SQL Server, the account needs to be a SQL account rather than NT!).

Kingfisher [CECP]

Hi,

Just as an FYI, we use CE 10 Pro and we have full audit functionality. Came out of the box that way, no additional cost was incurred nor was an additional license required.

Nuffsaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back