Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is 6 wire E&M trunk possible and how 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joonaskynstler

Programmer
Dec 12, 2005
EE
Hi

I have connected together two 11C s Rel 4.0 with E&M lines.
When EMTY is TY2 (wich means 8 wire connection) I can call from one pbx to the other. When I change EMTY to TY1 and do cabling for 6 wire connection I cant call from one pbx to the other. PBX ses are on the same table and connected with usual copper wires( 2m long, for testing).

Is it possible to connect two meridians together with 6 wires. 2 for TX, 2 for RX, 1 for M and 1 for E. If it is how shoulkd i connect the E and M wires? Itried both ways, dont work. Pbx picks the channel and sends the number but nothing else happens. When I change cabling back to 8 wires and EMTY to TY 2 I can call again.

E&M card is NT5K72AA

Please help !!!

Joonas

DES
TN 002 0 00 03
TYPE TIE
CUST 0
XTRK XFEM
EMTY TY2
CPAD COUT
TRK ANLG
NCOS 7
RTMB 3 1
TGAR 1
SIGL EM4
STRI/STRO DDL DDL
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS CTD DTN ECD WTA LPR APN THFD XREP SPCD
P10 NTC
TKID
AACR NO
DATE 12 DEC 2005

I added vnl to the trunk look below
DES EM4
TN 001 0 00 00
TYPE TIE
CUST 0
XTRK XFEM
EMTY TY2
CPAD COUT
TRK ANLG
NCOS 7
RTMB 1 1
TGAR 1
SIGL EM4
STRI/STRO IMM IMM
SUPN YES
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN ECD WTA LPR APN THFD XREP SPCD
P10 VNL MID
TKID
AACR NO
DATE 14 DEC 2005

When I tried to add cna i get error

REQ chg

TYPE ti
SCH0600
TYPE tie

TN 1 0

DES

XTRK XFEM
NCOS

RTMB

MNDN

TGAR

SIGL

EMTY

CPAD

STRI

STRO

SUPN

AST

CLS cna

SCH3227
CLS **

From my keycode sheet I cant find PKG 221 but the there is PKG 127-129. Rel 4.0 EMEA business services.

How this mfc signaling look like. IS it a standard signalig and if it is were I can find information.

DCX 600 is produced by ABB Nera Power Network Communications. This company is now Teamcom

joonaskynstler...ok err sch3227 means R2/mfc signaling
[MFC]requires to have CNA class of service.you need to
change class of service.change unr to ctd,put mfc in class of service then add cna to your class of service give that a try .i am looking for the documentation on dcx600 will
get back with you in a few.

strmwalker

joonaskynstler..when you try to put cna in cls was your
tie trunk type1 or type2 cna only works with type1.do you
know if the dcx 600 will work with two wire tie e&M.some
of documentation i have seen so far says it will.i am
going to try to verify that.

strmwalker

But pdf file 553-3001-184 is telling that for mfc signaling you have to have mfc sender reciever card.

One choise is NT5K21 but we dont have this card and i think without it we cant use MFC signaling

joonaskynstler...the qpc327 is the card you are talking
about and if you look at pdl file 553-3001-156 page 126.
the only system that card works in will be opt 51c,61c,81,
and 81c.is there anybody that can give you more details
on dcx 600 and what other options you have in way of
tie trunks.

strmwalker

Will try and give some info on E&M signalling. Type I uses E&m only. M lead has ground on it and goes to battery when it goes off hook. E lead is open but is looking for ground. So if you hook M from near end switch to E to far end switch, far end will think near end is off hook. Type II is a little different. I am not sure og the correct leads on the block so bear with me. Between MA and MB is a contact closure when it goes off hook. Ea should be the E lead and EB should be ground. If you connect MB to EB and then connect MA to far end EA then do the same with the far end you should be okay. Also the 2 wire and 4 wire is only noting the transmission pairs. When you only use T&R it is 2 wire. Then you use TR & T1R1 you are using 4 wire. Also wink start is better, because the originating switch will wait for a wink start from the calling swithc before it begins outpulsing digits. Hope this helps. It has been a long time since I have used E&M.

Does that mean that I cant use MFC signaling in 11C Chassis with only NT5K72AA????

Joonas

joonaskynstler... from what i have seen so far i don't
think you can use mfc signaling in the opt 11c.

strmwalker

Yuo can see start dialing from here

Problem is that meridian acts like on those schematics but DCX different.

When you have immidiate dialing meridian sends ground and waits ground back after other side picks up. DCX sends ground immidiatly and doesnt wait until somebody üicks up.

When I used delay type I got the pbx s holding channel when I dialled from meridian dcx gave ground back immidiatly so I disconnected DCX M lead that sends ground, then meridian send the numbers dialed and then I connected the DCX M lead back. Then there was this call is on situation and after I removed DCX M lead again the "call" was disconnected".

But subscriber didnt ring in dcx.

joonaskynstler..are you saying you are getting connectivety
with dcx 600.if so there could be some adjustments to made let me know.

strmwalker

No not really. It seems that Norway DCX person also cant say exactly what standard E&M is used in DCX. So I wait answer from this norway expert.

After all this I know more about E&M than I want :)

If I have more spescific question than what a hell I should do I let you all know.

Thanks for helping me.

Joonas

joonaskynstler...hang in there bud it will always get
better if not drink a few beer look at in a different
way.

strmwalker

yes the post with the trunk print out will work type v, switch works with either.. e and m are so old i don't know why they are still there

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back