Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQL_ NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayley78

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Hello All!

I've had to call on your expertise again.
Last night burning some disk's, half way through I kept getting a Blue Screen of Death, with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. and then having to reboot.
It happened everytime I tried to burn a disk. Which makes me think that it might be the burner.
But the burner is as old as the PC (2 years) and we haven't installed any new hardware, for ages!!!!! (lack of income).
The page file size was manually increased recently. And a few PC games have been installed in the past week.

Please could you let me know what you think i could do to resolve this error.

Kind regards
Hayley [sunshine]

You really need to check the Event logs to see what in detail the error message might be.

"Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL
This error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software attempting to access a memory location without authorization.
Suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner (disable it and check again), or backup program (uninstall and reinstall burner's software).

"ANTE GEIA"... [morning]

Also one thing to note that kept me confused for a while, is Heat! 0A errors an 0E , with the lovely IRQL can be caused from : Memory, Drivers, and Heat (causes unstable memory)

G'luck,
Dave

Test your RAM. I have just been down the same route and discovered one of my Simms was faulty.
Recently changing your Page File has most probably shifted the Simm addresses used from a good area to a faulty area on the Simm.
Some (XP) testers came up clean, but I used a DOS boot floppy utility that identified the problem.

I used / downloaded it from

Crucial were great! They replaced my Simm by return

Thank-you ever so much every body.
But I actually did reinstall the OS, as I had a few other things pop up. And it was the best way to get rid off all the junk and start from the beginning.
But I have kept a note of all your suggestions and will use them in my future errors.

Kind regards
Hayley
xxxx to u all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back