Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooch136

Technical User
Nov 26, 2009
US
I am running two pc's with linksys wireless cards. Recently, both computers started kicking out the blue screen on boot up. When I boot up the comp without the anteena's on, they work fine, the minute i screw them on, i get the blue screen. I get these codes,
BCP1 76072508
BCP2 00000002
BCP3 00000000
BCP4 F8069CD9
RT2500.SYS -Address F8069CD9 BASE@F8053000
DATE STAMP 42675C99
Any idea's on how to fix? PLEASE HELP

It's suspicious that two systems started failing at the same time. Have any new Windows updates been applied, or any other driver updates?

What happens if you boot into "Safe Mode with Networking", do they still blue screen?

Can you use the driver rollback facility, or go to Realtek and download and install the latest drivers? Sometimes drivers installed by Windows Updates are incorrect and can cause problems.

How To Use the Roll Back Driver Feature in Windows XP

HOW TO: Use the Driver Roll Back Feature to Restore a Previous Version of a Device Driver in Windows XP

A device does not work after you try to update the driver by using Windows Update

System Restore is an option too.

Do your machines communicate with each other directly or do they do it via a Router? Even when I remove the antenna from the rear of the wireless cards my Router is close enough for the machines to communicate with it.

Both of my machines communicate through a router. Funny thing is, i just built the one machine, installed windows xp, and the same blue screen as the older computer comes up. Could this be some kind of malware? I tried a system restore and the same problem happens.

My understanding is that that both machines have the same model of Wireless Card (is that correct?) and have the same BSOD. That is why I thought it might be a driver problem and still lean toward that being the problem.

That gives you two options, get the correct driver or replace the model of Wireless Card.

While probably unlikely that malware is the cause it is easy enough to check that possibility. I find it hard to link the removing of antenna with malware too.

I see lots of recommendations here for programs like -

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

SuperAntispyware

Did you get the BSOD from "Safe Mode with Networking"?

If you didn't, try this.

310353 - How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP

316434 - HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP

310560 - How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP

MEMORY TEST if nothing else works, but I kind of doubt it since multiple machines are affected.

Also, remove the card from Device Manager (Uninstall) and then reboot and see if things are normal.

Most likely, it's a driver issue if NOT malware.

Definitely check for DRIVER updates, this includes the CHIPSET drivers and then the device drivers...

a few Questions and solutions:

1. how much RAM is installed?

if it is around 4GB, then try reducing the ram down to 2gb or below...

2. What AntiViral and FireWall solution are you using?

uninstall them, turning them off at this stage will not do, due to the fact that a lot of AV's use kernel mode drivers to keep tabs on NICs...

somethings to try for diagnostic purposes: if you have more than one partition, relocate the PAGEFILE to the second partition, and delete the original pagefile...

if the pagefile is set dynamicly, set it to a static value (1.5x the size of the RAM) and reboot...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back