Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hello..

I got a Compaq Proliant ml370, which is the 1ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, and raid5. Running win2k server w/all the hotfixes and service packs and Citrix Metaframe XP..

The problem: It randomly reboots every day or every other few days on its own! It used to say that the system has rebooted from a bug check.. BUT I ALREADY REMOVED THE OPTION OF REBOOTING AFTER A BUG CHECK inside the comp properties, startup and recovery.. So, all the event viewer tells me is

The previous system shutdown at 4:55:13 PM on 6/23/2003 was unexpected.

..and that's it..

But..there's more

I finally caught the blue screen before it went down last night!

it's a stop error:

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Address 8042CFSA at 80400000 Datestamp 3df90c0d ntoskrnl.exe

What the hell is that?!!?!?! I've been monitoring users who are on there for the past two months.. there's no pattern or anything out of the ordinary..

EXCEPT: One user proccess that is: IWAM_{SERVER NAME} running DLLHOST.EXE I can't find any trace of an IWAM system user.. thought that was weird..

It's kind of interesting that, it's been doing it for about 6 months, it always seems to happen right before or at 5 p.m. and before we switched for daylight savings time it rebooted at or before 4 pm.. hhmmm.. interesting..
I've tryed almost everything I can think of except replacing hardware.. Has anyone ever heard of his before? Any Ideas?

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

The IWAM user is present if you have IIS installed on the server. It provides anon access to the IIS services. This error could be related to the IIS installation. Or it could be related to the thin client server. There is a known issue with these stops in terminal server, it could be the same problem with Citrix.

tw

Thanks alot guys.. I read each of those articles..

I found that, in my device manager, ACPI Mulitprocessor PC is using ntoskrnl.exe as a driver.. In one of those articles is says it could be a system driver.. Is updating that specific device's driver possible? I've never updated a multiproccessor before..

Should I look in to changing some drivers or what? It has EXACTLY the same drivers as the other two servers that are not blue screening..

hhmm..

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back