Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ Sharing - urgent help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalaker

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2002
US
Does anyone know if SCO allows IRQ sharing. I have a adaptec SCSI card and a Mylex RAID controller on my server. Upon running hw -r pci, I discovered that both these controllers had the same interrupt line. Is this normal ???

My response would be, do both controllers still work?

I have a similar situation on my system with a RAID controller for my hard drives, and another SCSI controller for my tape and cd-rom drives, however the "hw -r pci" command does NOT show them as sharing the same interrupt on my system.

If you are experiencing a problem with one or both controllers, it may be possible to change the IRQ from within the controller's firmware, or changing the IRQ of one of your other devices may allow the PCI plug-and-play to select a different interrupt. Check the controller documentation about this.

If you have any hardware experience you are probably already aware that plug-and-play interrupts can be tricky when there are more than just a couple of devices fighting for an interrupt. Getting everything working is usually a matter of trial and error with changing the settings.

Thanks a lot pal for your input. Both the cards work perfectly fine. I was just curious. I come from Sun Solaris world and I have been handed the task of managing a few SCO servers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back